Sunday, September 15, 2019

Super Sweets Gallery (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I haven't gotten the chance to check out some local pastries since coming back from Jeju Island so after our Peking duck dinner, I made sure that I brought home something sweet to enjoy after my bed-time story with little guy.



Super Sweets Gallery is an import from Tokyo brought to us by celebrated Japanese Chef Hironobu Tsujiguchi (辻口博啟), an award-winning pâtissier and chocolatier behind the hugely successful concept Mont St Clair.



I quickly spotted this heart-shaped cake made with pistachio from the middle of the display counter. 



Raspberry pistachio mousse cake ($45) - I'm a huge fan of pistachio but together with raspberry jam and compote? I'm not quite sure how that would turn out.

The pistachio mousse was rich and silky smooth, combining well with the chocolate sponge but the raspberry jam and compote.....well, I think the idea was to inject something acidic in there to match the sweetness and richness of the pistachio but that didn't really work out as well as I would like.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: cookedDeli by city'super, Shop 3001, 3/F, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm (Sun - Thu), 10:00am - 10:30pm (Fri - Sat)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think