Saturday, September 28, 2019

My Meat Run Laboratory 走肉蔬食研究所 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Recently opened at D2 Place Phase 1 in Lai Chi Kok, My Meat Run Laboratory (走肉蔬食研究所) is the latest local restaurant who has forged partnership with Impossible Foods to bring their plant-based faux meat to the dining scene on Kowloon side. I read about their opening online and decided to take a closer look during the weekend.



This is like going back to school. Interesting throw-back theme.



It does look like a cafeteria inside an old high school. 



But here comes the bad news for me. They only offer Impossible Foods during dinner service but for lunch, only one prix fixe menu (with 6 choices of main dish) is available and no Impossible Foods. Weep...



I thought since I'm already here, I may as well check out what they've got (without the Impossible Foods dishes) in store.



The salad bar was included so let's see if there's anything interesting there.



Not much there.



Finally, my lunch set was ready to be served. This came with some stir-fried vegetables including cabbage and carrot.



A couple of spring rolls made with the same cabbage and carrot. Despite the average presentation, they were pretty tasty.



My main dish was sweet corn and vegetarian minced pork.



Not bad and I was particularly happy to see all these water chestnut.



I thought $73 is a little too heavy of a price tag to pay for this set lunch today. Very poor value for money in my opinion but I'm not ready to write them off just yet. At least not before I try their Impossible Foods dishes.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 302, 3/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 3619-7581



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think