Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Shake Shack at Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's been a while since I last checked out one of the two Shake Shacks in town. As we have another hour or so to kill before our afternoon meeting, timing was right for us to venture over to Pacific Place to get ourselves some burgers and fries.



We didn't have to line up very long for these. Is the hype already long gone?



SmokeShack ($84) - I tried their Mushroom Burger last time around so I had to make sure that I try something new this afternoon. Their SmokeShack was looking good on paper and I doubled up for a double-decker too (I was pretty hungry!). 

This was really cheeseburger with all-natural Applewood smoked bacon, with a fancy name. The patty with smoked bacon and cherry was seriously tasty but I didn't like the chopped cherry pepper with what-they-called ShackSauce at all. They made it way too spicy which kind of ruined the burger for me. 



Crinkle-cut fries ($27) - Yeah, like I said before reminded me of the fries I got from my high school cafeteria.



Milk tea shake ($42) - This was what I came here for, the Hong Kong exclusive shake made with vanilla frozen custard and black tea. It really didn't taste like Hong Kong style milk tea but it more than did the trick for me (for my milkshake fix). 



The third Shake Shack is coming across the harbour landing in Harbour City (replacing the popular Pizza Express) pretty soon. Stay tuned for the opening date.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 105A, Level 1, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2810-8928
Website: www.shakeshack.com.hk


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think