Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pâtisserie-chocolaterie Bouillet (Lyon, FRANCE) ★★★★☆

I was planning to get my sweet treat at Pâtisserie-chocolaterie Bouillet last night but they were already closed when we swang by after dinner. So, early this morning I had to make sure that I got the chance to pay them a visit before taking off for Roanne.



Sébastien Bouillet was born in Lyon, into the culinary dynasty of La Maison Bouillet, a pastry shop opened by his father Henri Bouillet back in 1977. After working with some of the best known pâtisseries in France, Sébastien joined the family-run business in 2000 and it just took off from there. I got my first taste of Sébastien's creation in Tokyo many years ago and walked away very impressed. So, when I was putting together my itinerary in Lyon, I made sure that I had time to come here.



Apart from pastries, they've also got colorful macarons on the other side of the shop.



Louvre (€4.70) - It's almost a sin not to try a chocolate cake from such a masterful chocolatier.



This cake features a silky smooth dark chocolate mousse made with chocolate from Venezuela.



At the bottom layer were crispy praline feuillantine and almond biscuit. Not an overwhelmingly sophisticated creation but you can see the incredible attention to details behind. So delicious, I just couldn't stop eating.



Baux de Provence (€4.90) - I'm getting a second chocolate cake too but this looks like a much sweeter version with white chocolate mousse.



Interestingly, the white chocolate mousse was paired with olive oil and they have mango and apricot compote filling in the middle to offset the richness of the white chocolate.



The sponge cake on the bottom was mixed with crispy fruits to give the cake some extra bite.



I was lucky enough to squeeze in some desserts from Pâtisserie-chocolaterie Bouillet so I could leave Lyon with no regrets! Next up, a much anticipated lunch at La Maison Troisgros.





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: €€€
Address: 14 Rue des Archers, 69002 Lyon, France
Closest Metro Station: Bellecour
Tel: +33 (0)4 7842-9840
Website www.chocolatier-bouillet.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think