Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Three Blind Mice (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Three Blind Mice was briefly on my radar screen when it was first open and from time to time, I was reminded of it thanks to the promotions from Restaurant Week. But the urge was never strong enough to get me there.



I have actually dined here many years ago when it was still called "Limehouse" but the change of ownership has transformed it into a rustic British gastropub offering your typical British dishes like fish and chips, steak and frites, burgers and pies.



For $30 extra, we can turn an a la carte dish into a set with salad, dessert and drink. How nice is that?



Prawn tempura with papaya salad - Some veggies to start things off. This was just a small bowl of green beans with a couple of prawn tempura on top. Didn't like the super acidic dressing.



Fish and Chips - I couldn't believe I picked this over a number of more intriguing dishes. I guess I really missed having fries.



This wasn't bad (especially the homemade fries). The generous portion passed the initial eye test at first glance and I thought the batter was seriously crispy. But as soon as I started examining the deep-fried barramundi, I realized it's really bland. In fact, the only thing I could taste was the slightly fishy smell from the fish fillet (the texture was fine though).



Duck leg and waffleMy colleague was feeling adventurous so he decided to go with the dish that has put modern British cooking on the map - Duck and Waffle. This really looked like the real deal with a slow-cooked duck leg and sunny side up duck egg sitting on top of a crispy waffle with sweet corn and chorizo. 

Again it wasn't bad (based on what I heard). The waffle could have been a bit more tasty but for the most part, it's a fairly decent dish centered around a delicious piece of slow-cooked duck leg.



But I could see they probably need some help with dessert as this banoffee pie didn't receive much love from the both of us. As a matter of fact, we both elected not to finish it.






Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 35 Ship Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2447-7793
Website: www.threeblindmicehk.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think