Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Plat du Jour Pacific Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was going to do something big for our first meal in 2019 but Jelloman wanted something casual. Not the first time we were not on the same page and definitely won't be the last. Since we'll be in the Admiralty area for our park visit, I decided to go back to Plat du Jour to check out their brunch menu.



My last visit was less than a month ago so obviously, I've seen enough to come back so soon.



It's the first time I have brunch here so I was a little nervous about this sharing platter which consisted of deep-fried calamari, smoked boneless chicken wings with what I thought was tandoori spices and charcuteries. It wasn't bad at all.



That was followed by a warm Quatre-Épices turkey salad with endive, cashew, cranberries, brioche and clementine in a mint dressing.



For anyone who's not interested in the sharing platter and turkey salad, there's an option to switch to the French bistro's signature lobster bisque. This was really creamy and rich flavored.



I didn't have to think too hard about my main dish coz they have got my favorite sea bass dish on the brunch menu. The oven-roasted French sea bass was served on a bed of caponata vegetables with beignets de courgettes in a richly intense crab bisque. Very aromatic and very delicious. I don't think I will ever get tired of this dish.



Jelloman made me drop some extra cash for their Moules Marinières [500g]. The sustainable bouchot mussels were really juicy and sweet with some nice briny flavors. The homemade frites always a crowd pleaser.



If there's room for improvement, it's definitely in the dessert department. Just one dessert to choose from the brunch menu and it's their signature apple tarte tatin. But sadly, there's way too much acidity in the caramelized apple that even the sweetness from the home-made vanilla ice-cream couldn't make up for it.



This was a pretty good deal at $238 per head. With the Eatigo promotion (10% off), it felt like a steal especially at a premier location like Pacific Place.


Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 007, LG1/F, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Admiralty
Tel: +852 2715-0511
Website: www.platdujourhk.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think