Friday, January 18, 2019

Doux (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

A few years ago, there was an exciting new wave of dessert bars suddenly hitting Hong Kong's dessert scene but not many still survive these days. As a matter of fact, I think ZUC.CCH.ERO and Doux are the only two survivors.



Doux is located in a very unlikely location for a dessert bar, right in the middle of Prince Edward and Mongkok.



I thought all along that they were a western-style restaurant so I was a little surprised to find dishes like tea braised pork with dried apricot on the lunch menu.



The lunch set came with a small smoked duck breast salad and tomato soup.



For drinks, I opted to upgrade to my beloved iced Thai milk tea. This was pretty good. In fact, much better than what's offered at a lot of local Thai restaurants.



Tea braised pork with dried apricot - I wanted something a little more Chinese for lunch this afternoon so this was what I ordered at the end. Thought the braised pork was pretty tender and the apricot sauce wasn't acidic as I first feared. I didn't find much tea flavors from the pork but this was okay. More than okay.



Of course I didn't come all the way here just for a quick lunch. I was here mainly for dessert. At 2:30PM? Why not!

Doux Dessert Bar Mongkok - Decadent Dessert Menu

Berry's ($108) - As expected, a beautifully decorated strawberry shaped dessert appeared in front of my very eyes. Surprisingly, 5 minutes were all it took for their creation to be born.



The "strawberry" was made with a very soft and light white cheese mousse, which was nicely paired with balsamic strawberry, wild strawberry granita and some edible flowers. Not bad.



I love a dessert that was light and refreshing (unless it's Gordon Ramsay's sticky toffee pudding). 




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 18/F, 726 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Mongkok
Tel: +852 2808-2520
Website: www.facebook.com/doux726/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think