Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Omotesando Koffee Lee Tung Avenue (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Once upon a time, Omotosando Koffee was one of the most popular and yet hardest to find coffee shop in Tokyo. The much beloved coffee shop's abrupt closure in 2015 sent shock waves to coffee lovers all around the world.



But Omotesando Koffee fans from Hong Kong were relieved to learn that the famed coffee shop from Tokyo had plans to open at Wan Chai’s new shopping complex, Lee Tung Avenue in 2016. And true to their words, their long anticipated Hong Kong branch opened its doors in early 2016.



Omotesando Koffee is well known for its original in-house blends which are made up of beans sourced from various countries. In fact, their espressos and cube-shaped baked custards called "kashi" are two of their most sought-after items on the menu.



After a long hard-working day, it was finally time for my caffeine fix. Of course, I wasn't talking about this iced matcha latte.



This would be more than enough to get me through the night as I have a date with my hair stylist after the quick sip of coffee.



Omotesando Koffee has quietly been serving up some quick snacks the last little while including some small salad and homemade sandwiches.



While I found my cup of coffee to be nothing mind blowing, the egg sandwich really helped to make up for it. I wonder if the egg custard here is the legendary kashi (egg custard) because it's seriously good and highly addictive. Very rich egg flavors with a touch of what I thought was wasabi. What a little pleasant surprise!




Price: $$$$
Address: G24-25, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2601-3323
Website: www.ooo-koffee.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think