Friday, July 20, 2018

Pâtisserie Tony Wong Metroplaza (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I promised myself to cut down on my consumption of cakes and desserts after my trip to Taipei but I guess I could start doing that next week.



After not visiting a single Patisserie Tony Wong for nearly two years, I was coming back for more in less than a month



Peach Delight ($50) - The better looking one of the two.

I love desserts made with white peach, especially Japanese white peach but this was a rare exception. Where should I start?

First and foremost, the base with lady finger sponge and peach confit was a little weak. I didn't mean its size or ability to hold up the topping of peach jelly. I was referring to the flavors and texture which was way too soft to complement the peach vinegar flavored jelly with pieces of Japanese white peach in the middle. Then it was the jelly with white peach. Didn't have the kind of refreshing flavors coming out of it. Disappointing.



Cappuccino ($50) - I didn't have high hopes for this one but it easily surpassed my expectation.



This was like drinking a cup of cappuccino. The rich caffeine flavors came in different textures as well as slightly different degree of bitterness and sweetness. Cappuccino mousse and coffee creamy custard sitting on top of a vanilla sponge and almond cinnamon crumble, that was my coffee fix tonight. And I thought a pretty good one too.






Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 329, 3/F, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Tel: +852 2410-8118
Website: patisserietonywong.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think