Friday, July 6, 2018

Da Paolo Gastronomia (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★☆☆☆

The "Cronut" train has slowed down considerably in recent years but that didn't stop me from looking for them wherever I travel overseas, which today took me to Da Paolo Gastronomia in Singapore. Da Paolo Gastronomia have a number of branches on the island and this one at Raffles City just happened to be a 6-8 minute walk from where we were staying. Good and convenient spot for my breakfast, shall we say?



Of course, I wasn't really going to have breakfast here. I was attracted here only because they offer their crodos (their take on the croissant-donut hyrid) in a number of flavors. Actually four flavors to be exact (two of them were chocolate which I tried to avoid at breakfast time).



I had really high hopes for this salted caramel crodo (SGD$5) but unfortunately, it failed to meet my lofty expectation. Presentation-wise, it looked every bit like a perfect cronut but the texture would tell me otherwise.




If a perfect cronut is half croissant and half donut (50%-50%), then I think this is more like 10% croissant and 90% donut. Not nearly flaky enough for me.



Same goes for the glazed cronut (SGD$5). The flavors were all there but the texture just wasn't crispy and flaky enough. It tasted very much like a typical donut at Krispy Kreme (but at the price of a cronut).



Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop #B1-45, Raffles City, 252 North Bridge Road, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: City Hall
Tel: +65 6265-4850
Website: www.dapaolo.cRaom.sg


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think