Friday, June 15, 2018

Pâtisserie Tony Wong Metroplaza (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was going to take off from Metroplaza right after picking up two pieces of cake from Passion by Gerard Dubois but curiosity led me straight to Patisserie Tony Wong, which I have never got the chance to visit since their recent opening in the mall.



Pistachio and strawberry mousse cake ($50) - After checking out their offerings today, I realized I have pretty much tried 80% of Tony's creations (with the exception of his cheesecake and mille feuille). This could be the one and only cake I have not tried from Tony. 



It's a solid mix of pistachio mousse, strawberry cream custard and strawberry jellified almond sponge (description coming straight from the menu. What the heck is a jellified almond sponge?) on top of a short layer of pistachio crumble.



This was pretty tasty. I like the fact that there were different textures coming from each layer with a nice balanced level of sweetness and acidity. But if I want to be a little picky, perhaps a little stronger pistachio flavor and a bit more acidity would make this even more delicious.







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 329, 3/F, Metroplaza, 223 Hing Fong Road, Kwai Fong, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kwai Fong
Tel: +852 2410-8118
Website: patisserietonywong.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think