Friday, July 6, 2018

Andaz Singapore (Singapore, SINGAPORE)

Up until late last week, I still didn't have the plans to visit Singapore for the weekend but I was sold on the city's newest hotel opening the moment I saw its pictures on the web. It's my second experience with an Andaz establishment after last year at Andaz Shanghai. 



Andaz is a hipster offshoot from the Hyatt Group, which is supposed to offer a luxury boutique hotel experience in sophisticated style. Early signs were good as I got a glimpse of the modern décor of my hotel room. It ticked all the boxes so to speak. 



But as soon as we started unpacking, we realized that space was obviously at a premium. I got to give the hotel's marketing team a lot of credit for making the rooms look much bigger than it really was from the online photos. 



I also didn't really like the way they designed the floor plan. The bedroom, bathroom, toilet and corridor (closet) were very much like a maze. I arrived at the hotel at around midnight (because of a late meeting). My family was already sleeping so it was a little difficult to operate around the "maze" with the lights off.



Of course, one of the selling points at Andaz Singapore was the harbour view. This was taken by an old smartphone so adjust your expectation accordingly.



We had to drop a few extra bucks for the view but as it turns out, there's not so much harbour there with all the tall buildings in the way.



The infinity pool was probably the best thing that happened to us during our stay. It's spacious and the view was quite stunning.



Andaz Singapore is certainly a first-class boutique hotel offering wonderful accommodation for our stay. I like the fact that it's directly connected to the metro station too, but like most new hotels, the list of improvement areas can get a little longer. For instance, I won't mind a little more help at the concierge/bell area on the ground floor there. It's constantly being manned by one single person so a lot of times, we had to take matters into our own hands (luggage?). Also, it would be nice if they could throw in free breakfast for loyal customers like ourselves.



Rating: ❤❤❤❤
Price: $$$$
Address: 5 Fraser Street, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: Bugis
Tel: +65 6408-1234
Website: www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/singapore/andaz-singapore/sinaz


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think