Saturday, May 25, 2024

Cheung Hing Restaurant 祥興茶餐廳 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I stumbled upon this old-school tea restaurant a few times before when I walked past Hoi Lai Estate (海麗邨) but this was the first time I had the chance to sit down for a sip of tea.


At 5pm on a Saturday afternoon, there were only a few souls around enjoying their afternoon tea.


The tea here (熱奶茶) at Cheung Hing Restaurant (祥興茶餐廳) was pretty strong and fragrant but there wasn’t enough milk to stand up to the richness of the tea. Yet, this is probably one of the better cup of milk tea I have in Lai chi Kok over the past few years. I won’t mind coming back just for the tea alone.


I haven’t had anything to eat all day so I ordered my favorite Yangzhou fried rice (揚州炒飯) as an afternoon treat for myself. This had pretty decent wok hei (鑊氣) and the final touch with Maggi (美極) was so nostalgic!


Cheung Hing reminds me of the fast food joints (快餐店) that used to be so popular back in the 1980s and 1990s. In fact, there was one near our home by the name of Yuen Cheong (源昌) that we used to get take-away food from all the time (mostly on the weekends). I miss these nostalgic places from my childhood.




Food Rating: 4.6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Hoi Lai Shopping Centre, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 3514-6346
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 9:30pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think