Sunday, July 16, 2017

Utsubo Factory (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

My effort to wake up early in the morning really paid off in spades. After visiting Les Gouters for some of their signature pastries, I stumbled upon an artisanal bakery shop just a few doors from Les Gouters called Utsubo Factory.


Utsubo opens at 10AM but a small lineup was already building up in front of the little bakery 10 minutes before its opening. So, their bread must be pretty good then!?


What they lack in selection, they really make up for it with the quality of their products. Look at that giant sausage roll! 


I ended up picking up a few things here including their fig tart with caramelized Japanese figs on top. Oh, I loooovvvve Japanese figs!!!!


Despite their relative small footprint, Utsubo Factory actually have their own kitchen in house (right behind the cashier) and a tiny little cafe at the back. I didn't spot the cafe when I first stepped in so I was caught a little surprised when the cashier asked me if I was going to dine in.


I have no idea what this is called (bread? cookie?) but it's seriously tasty. 


Fig tart with caramelized fig and crushed pistachio. This tasted like it has just come out of the oven. The crust was still warm and it was very delicate with slices of juicy Japanese figs on top. The crushed pistachio was the icing on the cake with its crunchiness and nutty flavors.



Utsubo Factory is a real gem hidden in a residential area near Utsubo Park (靭公園).


Apart from their artisanal bread, they also offer stuff like homemade jam their accessories like their own shopping bag!


Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are their normal closing days.







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: ¥¥
Address: 1-9-9 Utsubohonmachi, 550-0004 Osaka, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Higobashi
Tel: +81 (0)6-7710-3115
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm (Thu - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think