Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Pâtissier Coichi (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★★☆☆

After a quick stop at De brevet Bolero, I continued running around central Osaka looking for more desserts. Next up was Pâtissier Coichi (コーイチ 久太郎店), a small French patisserie just across the street from Semba Center Building.



From what I've seen at the window here, it certainly makes a pretty good gift shop too!



They have a ton of good choices here with their orange mousse cake being one of my personal favorite.



Banana chocolate mousse cake (519 yen) - But I wanted something different today so I went with this. 



The tiny package came with a lot of stuff in it, including a fairly nice banana mousse, light chocolate mousse and banana compote all on top of a chocolate sponge. Not bad especially with what I thought was a caramel glaze atop. 



Just when I was ready to take off, one of the staff here gave me some complimentary chocolate macaron. That was so nice of her (not surprisingly, it's not the first time it happened to me in Osaka). I bet this would never happen in places like Hong Kong.



Is there another dessert cafe in this direction? I better look it up in Google coz my sweet tooth is getting the best of me once again.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 2-5-18 Kyutaromachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0056 Japan
Closest Metro Station: Honmachi
Tel: +81 (0)6-6251-2351
Website: www.patissier-coichi.com



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think