Friday, July 14, 2017

HARBS Café @Daimaru Shinsaibashi (Osaka, JAPAN) ★★☆☆☆

With the staggering number of dessert spots in Shinsaibashi, one would expect us to pick a place slightly more interesting than HARB Café but for the convenience of those who've been shopping at Diamaru Shinsaibashi, I guess it's not a bad idea.



The usual Japanese inspired cakes and no photo policy.



Mille crepes with mixed fruit (¥830) - The bread and butter of HARBS and one that I had the pleasure of trying a couple of years ago. I honestly didn't think it should be called a mille crepes because it doesn't have the tens and twenties layers of crepes in there. Underneath those 3-5 layers of crepes were mixed fruits including kiwi, melon and banana. I believe I called it a "fruit salad" in a crepe or something last time. The ladies love it and although I didn't think the world of it, I didn't mind having it second time around.



Apple mango mousse cake (¥980) - I was a little disappointed with this. The mango mousse was very soft and very sweet. That's about all I could remember.



Service wasn't particularly poor but I didn't like the fact that each of us had to order at least a drink to sit down (although quite common in Japan). Of course, the underwhelming choice of cakes also didn't help so I'm giving them 2 out of 5 stars here for their effort (Just because there're much better options in the area). Sorry~






Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: 3/F, Daimaru Shinsaibashi North wing 1-7-1, Shinsaibashisuji, Osaka, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinsaibashi
Tel: +81 6-7711-7351
Website: www.harbs.co.jp/harbs/eng_top.html



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think