Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tartes and Pop (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

My afternoon tea session wasn't supposed to include Tartes & Pop but even the best laid plans of mice and men often awry. It wasn't after I walked all the way from Sai Ying Pun and up hilly Tai Ping Shan Street that I realized Teakha (茶。家) closes every Tuesday. Quickly, I switch to my Plan B.

I won't say I'm a regular customer of Tartes & Pop but whenever I come, I get pretty excited about their tartes. Yes, they're really that good.



Pear and ginger tarte ($45) - It's sad to see this seasonal creation coming off the shelf but at least I got a last crack at it. It was really delicious. On top of the crunchy shortbread base, there were pear compote and a big gelatin dome which came full of pear flavors. Love the ginger crumbs there for the spicy kick too.



Once again, my favorite sesame matcha tartes were all sold out. The owner told me I should have come before 3PM. That's when they normally sold out their last piece. Maybe I should just swing by after lunch next time around.

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 2 Morrison Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Sheung Wan
Tel: +852 6597-6667
Website: www.tartes-pop.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think