Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Peninsula Boutique (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I didn't know Jelloman had something up her sleeve for my birthday so just before our lunch at Gaddi's, I went down to Peninsula Boutique to get myself something sweet for tonight.



I struck out a number of times when I came here to get my favorite cakes this year. So, I was pretty used to seeing an empty display counter but not today! I guess the day is still young.



I was particularly happy to see the teapot again. It's becoming a seasonal item these days as it's only available a few times per year.



Tea pot - An inspiration from a traditional Chinese tea pot, this came with a white sesame seed madeleine base, layered with jasmine tea cream and osmanthus jelly.


It really felt like drinking jasmine tea but with a hint of osmanthus thanks to the osmanthus jelly in the middle.


Coconut Caramel - Another favorite of mine.


There's a tremendous balance between sweetness (coconut) and acidity (pineapple) with this dessert, and a bit of bitterness (caramel) to spice things up. The centre of soft coconut mousse, vanilla sponge, and outer layer of white chocolate and coconut flakes combined to give me a feeling that I was having marshmallow. The flavors would have been a bit dull without the juicy roasted pineapple and caramel cream in the middle; which was perfect.






Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 7-9, The Peninsula Hong Kong, 19-21 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2920-2888
Website: www.peninsulaboutique.com/hk
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 7:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think