Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Cafe Ceres (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have a training at CHP this morning so I found myself in unfamiliar territory at 8a.m. looking for a place for breakfast. Anyone with a "normal" palate would have gone for a typical Hong Kong style breakfast at one of the "cha chaan tian" cuz there are many to offer in the heart of Kowloon City but not yours truly. Thankfully, it's my lucky day today (my birthday!) and it didn't take long for me to find a breakfast spot I like - Cafe Ceres.

Cafe Ceres is listed on Openrice as an Italian bakery shop but judging by its menu and setting, it's more like a coffee shop cum cafe. 



Poached egg, smoked salmon, Hollandaise sauce on English muffin - It didn't take long for me to find something I like to eat on the menu either.



I was craving for some smoked salmon this morning so this was perfect. Poached egg and smoked salmon served on a warm English muffin (could be warmer) with gluey Hollandaise sauce on top. Lovely presentation~


I immediately cut open the runny yolk to let it mesh with the sauce and muffin underneath.


The fact that I woke up really early this morning had allowed time for me to enjoy a cup of English breakfast tea as well. 


It's probably one of the most expensive breakfast one could ever find in Kowloon City ($98 if I'm not mistaken) but it was nice to kick off the morning the right way with a nutritious meal. After all, it was my birthday so I deserve something special.





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 21 Fuk Lo Tsun Road, Kowloon City, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: N/A
Tel: +852 2716-0089
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think