Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Reserva Ibérica Tapas Bar & Cafe (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I had Reserva Ibérica Tapas Bar & Cafe on my radar for quite some time now but narrowly missed out on a number of occasions. In fact, I recalled making bookings at this then-new Spanish tapas bar in buzzy Harbour City not once but twice (both during Restaurant Week) only to cancel at the very last minute.



Today, I finally got the chance to check them out. Sitting at the counter would normally appeal to me but since we were in the middle of a Coronavirus outbreak, I decided to keep some distance from the.....Jamón Ibérico hanging from the ceiling.



The set lunch menu consisting of 2 tapas and 1 main course ranges from $128 to $168 depending on what main dish was chosen.



Oh and by the way, a $45 drink is included in the set. 



Tortilla - I'm a potato freak so I am starting things off with my favorite Spanish tortilla.



My Spanish omelette, served cold, came with a nice mix of egg, potato and artichoke.



A bonus Jamón Ibérico toast. How nice!



Patatas Bravas - I'm a potato freak (this is not a recording) so I'm getting a second potato dish to start off my meal. These were pretty tasty, thanks to the extra kick by the smoked paprika aioli.



My dining partner had the Serrano ham with Pa amb Tomàquet and tomato gazpacho instead. This was a much smarter choice in hindsight.



I had to think long and hard about what to get for my main course. Sous-vide Guinea fowl leg sounds like a great idea as I've been working on a vegetarian diet involuntarily for about a week now. This was served with seasonal vegetables, Parmesan cheese, mashed potato and garlic aioli.

The chicken was pretty tender but the dish as a whole was way too salty. It's not just heavy-handed with the salt; the Parmesan cheese and garlic aioli all culprit there in the over-seasoning. (The Robuchon-style mash was nice though).



I did make one right call this afternoon and that's on the dessert (+$18). The Spanish churro with chocolate ice-cream was well worth the extra cash.






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop OT305A, 3/F, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2111-1338
Website: www.reservaiberica.hk/restaurant/tapas-bar-cafe
Opening Hours: 10:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think