Friday, March 13, 2020

J.S. Foodies x Flipper's at Festival Walk (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Having meals at J.S. Foodies x Flipper's used to be something we do from time to time. We all enjoy dining here with the casual vibe and Japanese style pasta (and souffle pancakes!) but let's face it, it's not like we're dining at Gaddi's or Caprice. But since we have been cutting down on dining out these days, everyone is relishing this chance tonight.



Sea urchin pasta with mentaiko sauce ($239) - Jelloman's favorite dish here. I thought it was a little overpriced but I guess I shouldn't put a price tag there if it could get my better half happy. It's priceless!



I had the version with just the meitaiko sauce before and quite frankly, it was too salty for me. But turns out, it tasted totally different with the addition of fresh salmon roes, seaweed and sea urchin. In fact, I thought the creaminess of the meitaiko sauce worked really well with the umami-rich salmon roes and briny sea urchin tongues.



Black truffle pasta with cream sauce ($119) - Little nugget was really happy with this pasta dish. Lots of creamy sauce and loads of mushrooms. Pretty good bite too.



Bacon Egg Burger ($129) - My first time having their homemade burger.



This came with a fried egg, bacon, beef patty, tomato and lettuce. I'm not quite sure if it's Angus beef right there but it's not bad at all; although the French fries did steal the show a bit. Tasted like they've just come out of the fryer so not surprisingly, very very crispy. I couldn't stop eating them and I'm not alone.



Kiseki Pancake ($99) - No one objected to the idea of having some dessert after the meal and Flipper's patented souffle pancake was the obvious choice. We knew better not to get the extra stuff like green tea ganache, chestnut and strawberry as we are more than happy with the plain one and whipped cream together. These are very airy and fluffy as always. Luckily, we ordered two of these so mom could get her extra piece.



I thought we were supposed to put social distancing measures into practice but the fact that the cafe was totally packed made me wonder if anyone was really paying attention to the warnings by the health experts.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: i.t blue block, Shop 30, LG2/F, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Tong
Tel: +852 2265-8019
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think