Sunday, March 15, 2020

La Patisserie des Idees (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I have been going out more often these days and one thing I started doing since last week was to support our local business, especially those small shops without the benefit of a large corporation behind them. Today, my destination is La Patisserie des Idees at D2 Place in Lai Chi Kok, one of my favorite French patisserie on the Kowloon side.



It's been a while since I last visited D2 Place and to my surprise, it was really busy on a Sunday afternoon. Even La Patisserie des Idees benefited from the uptick in customers resulting in me having a tough time finding a table.



Lady Earl Grey ($46) - Their new peach cake looks pretty good but I'm getting something familiar. I got this (whole cake size of course) for my little one's birthday a couple years ago.



I was craving for something with Earl Grey tea in it so this was perfect. The Earl Grey mousse was wonderfully matched with some lovely acidity from mandarin cremeux.



If the crunchy chocolate and Earl grey dacquoise could provide a bit more texture and crunch, it would be perfect.







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 224, 2/F, D2 Place One, 9 Cheung Yee Street, Lai Chi Kok, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Lai Chi Kok
Tel: +852 9282-6827
Website: www.lapatisseriedesidees.com
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm (Tue - Fri), 11:00am - 8:30pm (Sat - Sun), 1:00pm - 7:00pm (Tue - Fri)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think