Saturday, February 15, 2020

Flipper's at i.t blue block Hysan Place (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have a couple of things to handle in Causeway Bay this morning but one thing got held up a bit so suddenly, I got myself an hour of spare time. Without hesitation, I ventured over to Hysan Place to check out Flipper's at I.T. blue block.



I've been here a zillion times before but was never successful in securing a table. Not this time though as the place was only half full in the wake of the epidemic.



They are doing a seasonal souffle pancake featuring pistachio and berry. I'm a sucker for pistachio but pistachio with berry?



To make sure that I won't have direct or close contact with anyone, I got myself a corner table.



This is a very busy dish. Apart from the souffle pancakes, there're also fresh berries, marshmallow, vanilla ice-cream and pistachio cream.



Once I poured the berry sauce in, the marshmallow and vanilla ice-cream disappeared in a hurry leaving just the pistachio cream on top of the pancakes.



Frankly speaking, this was a weird dish for the taste buds. The pistachio cream was overwhelmingly sweet; yet the berry sauce had so much acidity to it. Won't say the balance of flavors was the greatest.








Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: 6/F Hysan Place, 500 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2367-2133
Website: app.ithk.com/sit/itblueblock
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:30pm (Tue - Sun), 12:00am - 12:00am (Mon)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think