Sunday, February 16, 2020

Shake Shack Elements (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

For the second straight week, we are going back to West Kowloon Cultural District and its Art Park to spend an afternoon without face mask.



The kids are obviously loving it. They have been largely stranded at home these days and a date in the outdoor serves them just fine. My little one also brought his bike with him so he could cruise around the tracks while admiring the amazing harbour view all in one go.



Like little nugget, I came well prepared too. I got myself some take-away food from Shake Shack at the Elements Mall before we walked over to the harbour-side park. I heard it's a brand new opening but timing probably couldn't get any worse. 



SmokeShack ($62) - My second time having the SmokeShack and this was again pretty good. This time, I went with a single-decker so just a single beef patty with cheese, applewood smoked bacon, chopped cherry pepper and their patented ShackSauce. My only complaint was the ShackSauce being a little too heavy-handed with spices. I had a hard time tasting the natural flavors of the patty.



Chick'n Shack ($56) - I was madly in love with their Chick'n Shack when I had it last time. The crispy chicken breast was so yummy and it didn't hurt to have crisp lettuce, pickles and creamy buttermilk herb mayo to go along with it.



The only problem - The crispy batter was no longer crispy after the burger sat in the bag for an extra 10 to 15 minutes. This one's on me.



Milk tea shake ($42) - I got myself a cup of milk tea shake as usual. Little nugget also wanted something frosty so I got him a vanilla shake.



Finally, some Me-Time to enjoy my milk tea shake with this unobstructed view of the harbour in the backdrop. That's priceless. 



The talks surrounding my peer groups these days are always about "how long this Coronavirus outbreak would last". As a pessimist, I'm guessing it's only going to get worse but for the time being, I am just going to enjoy my shake while laying on the grass. Hopefully, little nugget doesn't smash his bike all over my body while I'm down and out.







Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1005-1006, 1/F Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2719-8282
Website: www.shakeshack.com.hk
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think