Sunday, February 9, 2020

Rest Coffee Gin 唞唞 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

We keep hearing great things about West Kowloon Cultural District and its Art Park so finally, we decided to take action and check it out this weekend.



Located just behind M+ Pavilion, West Kowloon Art Park offers stunning view of Victoria Harbour and spacious open lawns for everyone (adults, kids, pets...) to run around.



My little nugget loves the open space. Who could blame him? This kind of space is some what of a luxury in Hong Kong!



Of course, the fact that he hasn't been out for a while had a lot to do with the hype.



While he was running around with his friends, I took off to check out a number of eateries at the park and there were about 5 or 6 of them including FAM (囍公館), which we just visited for lunch. It didn't take long for Rest Coffee Gin (唞唞) to catch my eyes with its sleek interior design.



A coffee shop by day and cocktail bar by night, no wonder they have all these labels hanging out from the ceiling.



There was a long lineup in front but I was determined to hang around and get my caffeine fix here.



Rest Coffee Gin doesn’t offer a menu for its brews. Instead, we were encouraged to pick out our desired coffee by looking at the description of each brew and smelling the beans on offer. 



The coffee beans and tea leaves (powder) were labeled with their origin along with the prices of the drinks associated with it.



I'm getting this mocha for Jelloman.



And for myself, a hot green tea latte made with Ikuyo-no-mukashi matcha from Kyoto, which is known for its rich aroma and full-bodied mellow sweetness.



I don't know if there's a better place in Kowloon to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea than here. The amazingly laid-back vibe reminded me so much of my hometown Vancouver.



And this guy looks like he will want to come back here very soon (more on that later).



Just when I finished up my latte, the sky began to darken as if a storm was coming. So, we quickly packed up and got the hell out of there.



Apart from the spacious lawns and stunning harbour view, what really surprised me the most was how few people were there on a weekend afternoon. Could this be the last piece of paradise that we've been all looking for in Hong Kong?



Price: $$$$
Address: West Kowloon Art Park GF-04, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Kowloon Station
Tel: +852 2697-8938
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 12:00am (Tue - Sun), 12:00pm - 7:00pm (Mon)


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think