Thursday, February 13, 2020

Passion by Gérard Dubois at Lee Tung Avenue (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I have been thinking a bit about the SARS outbreak in 2003 in recent days. It was a horrible experience. I remembered one night when I got off work in Wanchai, there were a couple of street vendors selling facial masks and I thought, are we really going to wear these on the streets? To make matters worse, my home was under renovation at the time and I had to move out to live in a hotel for a few months. When I first saw the virus breaking out at a certain hotel on live TV, the first thing I thought of was, "Is that happening in the same hotel I'm staying at?". I got chills when that thought went through my mind. Never thought in my wildest dream that a similar type of epidemic will come back to haunt us in almost two decades.

Ever since I came back from Europe two weeks ago, I've been trying to lay low and this was one of the few times I headed out for a drink. I tried to pick my spot carefully. Located at Lee Tung Avenue, Passion by Gérard Dubois is just a stone's throw from my office (less traveling) and it's been a while since I last paid them a visit. A decade ago, they used to one of my go-to dessert spots in town (same for Paul Lafayet).



Earl Grey chocolate and raspberry ($45) - I was craving for something with Earl Grey tea so this was perfect.



I know I can always count on the mousse cakes from Passion. The silky smooth chocolate mousse infused with Earl Grey was a very nice treat. The raspberry jam and what I thought was marshmallow fluff provided some contrasting texture and flavor to the mix but something seemed to be missing. I am not sure what but perhaps something crunchy?





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop G11, G12 & F12A, Lee Tung Avenue, 200 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2833-6778
Website: www.passionbygd.com
Opening Hours: 8:00am - 10:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think