Friday, November 22, 2019

Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

In the last few weeks, I have been having my tour of the finest Italian restaurants Hong Kong has to offer. Following my meals at Angelini, Nicholini’s, Grissini and Tosca di Angelo, I thought it’s only fair that I find time for Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano, another favorite of mine.

Located on the ground floor of ultra hip Pottinger Hotel, Gradini has quietly become a fan favorite for those working in Central district. This explains why I was unable to get my table on a number of occasions.



The 2-course executive lunch menu comes with a choice of 3 appetizers and 5 main courses at only $288. A real bargain at this day and age.

Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano HK - Executive Lunch Menu

First up, a basket of bread highlighted by some Grissini and charcoal brioche.



I didn’t have very good appetite this week due to some major problems with one of my BIG tooth. So, I went with a simple carrot soup to start off the meal.



That was followed by their homemade spaghettoni, served with pan-seared Hokkaido scallop and prawns. The spaghettoni was very nicely cooked but what really impressed me the most was the shellfish emulsion which was doing a superb job tying everything together. I like the strong flavors from the garlic too. Very impressive.



Unfortunately, I needed to rush back to my office to get some work done so there would be no tiramisu for me this afternoon.

I thought my pasta dish was a lot better than what I got from Grissini the other day. But take it with a grain of salt coz the sample size was a little small (very few dishes tried) for me to make an accurate comparison.

P.S. These pictures were again taken by my old iphone and they were just brutal (partially because of the lights here). If the guys from Apple still don't figure things out, I can see myself switching to a different brand pretty soon.


Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Lobby Level, The Pottinger Hong Kong, 74 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2308-3088
Website: www.sino-hotels.com/en/hk/the-pottinger-hong-kong/dining
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think