Thursday, November 21, 2019

Lifetastic Patisserie at The ONE (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I think we all remember there was a time we could all walk into a clinic or dental office without waiting at least an hour for our turn to see our doctor or dentist. Life was good back then when there was no such thing as over-booking. Unfortunately, that was a thing of the past so while I was waiting for my turn to see my dentist this afternoon, I decided to go out and get some fresh air.



Fresh air I did get, and more. How about some strawberry watermelon cakes from Lifetastic Patisserie?



I have heard about Lifetastic opening their first shop outside Sai Wan but picking The ONE in Tsim Sha Tsui as their landing spot was a peculiar choice if you ask me.



And to add insult to injury, there's the recent stuff going on in the city, particularly in Tsim Sha Tsui and Hunghom the last two weeks. No wonder the dessert cafe didn't attract any customers around tea time.



Fig and charcoal layer cheesecake ($78) - This wasn't my first choice but I was craving for a slice of cheesecake.



I thought the charcoal sponge wasn't bad but its combination with the fresh figs and cream cheese wasn't working all that well. In fact, all three ingredients were working individually rather than complementing each other.



Not the best afternoon tea experience I had in recent memory. Perhaps I should have checked out this new gelateria and dessert cafe between Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui instead.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop L406, 4/F, The ONE, 100 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2564-8533
Website: www.lifetastichk.com
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 11:00pm daily


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think