Sunday, May 12, 2019

Café Leitz by Pacamara (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★★☆☆

The Durian Festival was running wild at Emquartier this weekend but I was looking for a quick bite rather than a buffet of fresh fruits. After checking out a number of places (harrod's and Pierre Hermé) without success, I decided to turn my attention to Café Leitz by Pacamara on the mezzanine floor of Helix Emquartier.

This is a collaboration between the Pacamara coffee empire and Leica, the luxurious German camera manufacturer and the result is this sleek and modern bakery café and coffee shop.



I didn't have time to sit down for a sip of coffee. I only managed to carve out enough time for a crispy croissant and there are some interesting ones right here. Apart from the more common flavors like almond, chocolate, sausage and, ham and cheese, they also serve up some artisanal croissants such as Thai tea charcoal and Ispahan (Both at 120 Baht).



Of course, the Thai tea charcoal croissant immediately caught my eyes considering how much of a Thai milk tea fan I am.



I thought this barely passed as a croissant (the cross section test wasn't bad). It's not flaky enough and there wasn't much Thai milk tea flavors in there other than the little bit of Thai milk tea flavored ganache oozing out from the middle. But that didn't come out until the very end.




I was a little surprised with the variety of non-coffee drinks offered here. Too bad we had to leave for dinner soon.



Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: ฿฿฿
Address:  Shop QMA-6, M/F, Helix EmQuartier, 12 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Closest BTS Station: Phrom Phong
Tel: +66 (0) 2003-6068
Website: www.facebook.com/pacamaracoffee


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think