Friday, April 19, 2019

Ya Kun Kaya Toast at Raffles City (Singapore, SINGAPORE) ★★★★☆

Like all of our trips to Singapore, we started our first day in the Singapore Zoo, which is my little nugget's favorite event. Today was a typical hot summer day in Singapore but thankfully, we arranged hired car both ways so we didn't have to wait very long in the queue for our ride. After almost 6 hours of action in the zoo, it was time to call it quit. Instead of going back to the hotel, we all decided to rush to the neighboring Raffles City to get ourselves some thirst quenching beverages.



Yes, an ice-cold Teh tarik (literally "pulled tea") at Ya Kun sounds great to me as I was sweating like I have just come out of a sauna. It's not the best milk tea in town but it's hardly the main event here.



This is the main event, Ya Kun's signature kaya toast. I don't think anyone does it better with the patented crispy sliced toast.



For some reason I was feeling adventurous this afternoon, so I decided to get an order of their kaya French toast as well. But it was a hit-and-miss. Our Hong Kong style French toast was so much better!



I can't believe mom didn't get neither the kaya toast nor the kaya French toast. Instead she went with this steamed bread with kaya in the middle. That had to be the worst of the three by a country mile. I was so glad I didn't have to take a slice off her hands.



I've been burnt before so I learned to simply stick with their kaya toast which is arguably the best in the business. Let's hope we get another chance for another kaya toast before this trip ends.

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $
Address: #B1-80 Raffles City, 252 North Bridge Road, Singapore
Closest Metro Station: City Hall / Esplanade 
Tel: +65 6338-0026
Website: www.yakun.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think