Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Tai O Tak Fat 大澳德發 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

There isn't much going on for me these days other than the fact that my herniated disc is hurting like hell so tonight, it's treatment night again.

It was already getting late after my treatment so instead of venturing over to Causeway Bay or Central, I decided to grab a quick one at Tai O Tak Fat (大澳德發). It's been this kind of year; my posts for serious dining have all but disappeared. I wasn't complaining though cuz I know things are going to get better soon.


Your typical homemade soup (例水) to start the meal complimentary of the chef...


Followed by the main event, stir-fried celery with onion, carrot, cashews and prawns.


At one point, I stopped trusting Chinese restaurants when they said "prawns" (which often means shrimps) but the guys here really mean it when they said prawns.  Look at the size of this!

This is a very nice dish to go with my steamed rice. Pretty good "wok hei" and I think I can live with the heavy-handed seasoning once in a while... 






Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F Ying Wong House, 153-153C King's Road, Nort Point, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Fortress Hill
Tel: +852 3705-1277
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think