Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Kane Tsuru Ramen Shell Street 金鶴拉麵 蜆殼街 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I was back at Kane Tsuru Ramen Shell Street (金鶴拉麵 蜆殼街) to check out their other ramen noodles tonight and it didn't take long for me to settle on their black garlic shoyu ramen. This is probably not as famous (or popular) as their Creamy Supreme Chicken White Soup Ramen (極濃雞白湯拉麵) but what it came with were largely the same - bamboo shoots, scallions, seaweed, chicken fillet and barbecued pork. Not crispy burdock though.


The broth was flavored with black garlic and sesame seeds but surprisingly, it's not as powerful as I thought. In fact, it's quite soothing to the palate.



This is the same chicken fillet as last time. Not bad.


The barbecued pork, well, a little dry like it was last time around.


I like that egg yolk to be a little more runny.


I didn't see a huge drop-off from my last experience here despite not picking their signature supreme chicken white soup ramen. That's already a very good sign. I guess I should probably check out their matcha ramen if I decided to come again next time.




Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop E, G/F, Po Wing Building, 6-16 Shell Street, Fortress Hill, Tin Hau, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Fortress Hill
Tel: +852 3460-2398
Website: www.kanetsururamen.com
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm (Mon - Fri); 12:00pm - 3:30pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm (Sat - Sun) 



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think