Sunday, November 22, 2020

Glasshouse Greenery (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

This wasn’t the first time I lined up for a table at K11 Musea’s Glasshouse Greenery but it was the first time I was actually successful at it. Perched on the 5th floor of artsy K11 Musea, the hugely popular dining concept has been one of the most difficult table to get (there in the mall) since its grand opening a few months ago. But I, for one couldn’t care less about it. Why? Well, I have given this greenhouse concept a couple of chances before (both times at Time Square Causeway Bay) and both times, I came away un-impressed. Service has always been an issue and I don’t think the quality of food was all that good either.

Just when I thought I have given up on Glasshouse  altogether, they were given another lifeline this afternoon.


The story goes something like this. I had an hour and a half to burn before picking up little nugget from his class in Tsim Sha Tsui. After checking out a number of places such as The Butterfly Room and Bayfare Social etc, and came up empty, I spotted Glasshouse Greenery with just a few souls in front.


The tranquil garden behind Glasshouse’s “Greenery” concept hidden in the patio.


Green tea mousse cake with red bean paste - I had high hopes for this green tea mousse cake but sadly, it just wasn’t good enough for me.


The Uji green tea flavors were rich but the texture was a little on the hard side. Making matters worse was the red bean paste, which would have been much nicer if it’s runny. But it was rock solid as if it’s been sitting in the frigate for a couple of days. That’s not much fun for the palate  (as the texture was way too one dimensional).


English breakfast tea - Yeah, this arrived way after I finished my cake and I had to urge my server to speed things up as I was running a bit late.


I never had any savory food so I am strictly judging Glasshouse Greenery as a cake shop on this experience and for me, it’s a fail.




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 501, 5/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: East Tsim Sha Tsui / Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2152-1518
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think