Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Beans The Corner (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

From what I’ve heard from my friends, Beans the corner has been closed throughout the city’s social unrest last year and remained closed during the start of the pandemic this year. I didn’t know about their plans to reopen but I thought I should come check them out this morning while I was in the area. Turned out both of their cafes were open during lunch when I visited.


It has obviously been a long while since I was last here but surprisingly the food menu looked very much the same since my last visit. So, I guess I will just start things off the way I usually did with their crab meat spaghetti. The spaghetti was nicely tossed in a thick and tangy sauce made with egg yolk. Not bad.


I have always insisted that Beans is a very very good dessert/cake shop (especially in Tsuen Wan when there is almost zero competition) but it’s often been overlooked. To prove myself right, I decided to check out their peach mousse cake.


This came with some lovely acidity thanks to the cassis gelee centre.


A deceptively simple cake with very nice balance of flavors. Exactly what I needed.





Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 99 Hoi Pa Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Tel: +852 2205-1911
Website: www.facebook.com/bean234
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 11:30pm (Mon - Sat), 11:00am - 10:30pm (Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think