Sunday, December 13, 2015

Pierre Hermé (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Every year around Christmas time, I get a very strong urge to get myself reacquainted with
the exquisite flavors of Pierre Hermé's macarons. Let's see what they've got for us this Christmas.



As usual, I picked a number of familiar flavors, starting with their Foie gras & Chocolate, White Truffle & Roasted Piedmont Hazelnut and Salted Butter Caramel to go with some of their newest flavors including Peach, Abricot & Saffron, Jasmine Flower & Jasmine Tea, and Olive oil & Lemon. 



Liquorice & Violet is one of those new flavors just launched in December. I thought it was just so so. Somehow I found the flavor of liquorice a little bit weird for a macaron.



I still think that Foie gras & Chocolate (red), White Truffle & Roasted Piedmont Hazelnut (White) and Salted Butter Caramel are three of the best flavors out there. As for the new ones, I really like Jasmine Flower & Jasmine Tea a lot. My recommendation is to stay away from the fruity flavors such as Peach, Abricot & Saffron.



This is still the place to find the best macarons in the world!





Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 2410, Level 2, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2155-3866
Website: www.pierreherme.com/hk



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think