Friday, December 18, 2015

Fine Foods (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

It's always nice to take a friday off every now and then. After an early lunch and a bit of Christmas shopping, I decided to sit down and do what the rich housewives love to do - a little afternoon tea.



Looks like Fine Foods is all geared up for Christmas.



Having been here more than a zillion times, I have to say I pretty much tried most of their creations by now, with the exception of these two which I was pretty sure that they were new.

 

Now let me grab a seat while they get my pastries and tea ready.



Fig and passion fruit mousse cake - We all heard about this cliche before, "looks can be deceiving". While I like the presentation of this fig and passion fruit mousse cake, I did have trouble finding any trace of fig or passion fruit in there. Very bland and without much sweetness or acidity. A real disappointing effort there.



Chocolate mousse cake with orange - This was much much better. 



A silky smooth chocolate mousse layered between chocolate cake and some orange compote. Tasted a lot like my favorite Jacob orange biscuit (but in a good way).



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Lobby Level, The Royal Garden, 69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2733-2045
Website: theroyalgardenhotel.com.hk/index.asp


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think