Wednesday, December 2, 2015

L'archange Chamuel (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Heung Wo Street is not the most pleasant place to stroll around in Hong Kong (or Tsuen Wan) but with all these recent openings of stylish shops and small cafés, it might one day become the soho of the New Territories!

L'archange Chamuel, a small dessert café, is one of the newest additions to Heung Wo Street and together with the rest of the newcomers, it's slowly breathing life into an old neighborhood better known for its automobile repair shops.



This is my first visit to this cozy little café and I am already very impressed with the high quality of their French style pastries.



Interestingly enough, they also have a corner dedicated to some home decorations.



But this was what I came here for - some tantalizing sweet treats for my sweet tooth. I had very high hopes for this mango yuzu chocolate mousse cake ($52) that I've chosen and it certainly did not disappoint.



The chocolate mousse was very smooth and delicate and I thought all the flavors harmonized each other perfectly with a nice balance of sweetness (yuzu crème brûlée), bitterness (chocolate mousse) and acidity (mango compote). 



A hidden gem in one of the most unlikely spot for a French patisserie. This one is quickly finding its way to my favorite list of dessert cafés in the city. 

Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$$
Address: Shop 3A, G/F, Golden Building, 1-3 Heung Wo Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West
Tel: +852 5598-7411


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think