Saturday, December 12, 2015

Joy Hing Roasted Meat 再興燒臘 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Over the years, there's been a lot of debates out there on who has the best char siu (barbecued pork) in Hong Kong and very often, you heard Joy Hing (再興燒臘) being mentioned. This place may not have the most inviting interior or warmest service for a restaurant but they sure know a thing or two about barbecued meat. As a matter of fact, I was once a regular customer when I was still working in Wanchai but it's been a few years since I last visited. Looking around today, it looks to remain as one of the busiest restaurants in Wanchai. 



I don't spend a lot of weekends in Wanchai but when I do, I try to make it count. It's a little early for dinner but these BBQ pork is simply too good to turn down.



Joy Hing is best known for using a lot of honey in their roasted meat but I noticed these were not as sweet as it used to be. Perhaps they have cut down on the use of honey? Well, still one of the best in the city without a question!



$30 for a BBQ pork rice is just an unbelievable deal in this age of inflation.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$
Address: Block C, G/F, 265-267 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2519-6639


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think