Saturday, December 12, 2015

Munchies (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

My sweet tooth has been on a bit of a roll the last few weeks following my recent visits to Stacks and Elephant Grounds. And tonight, I am determined to get that streak going in Soho. Perhaps a visit to Munchies on Shin Hing Street would get the job done.



Nowadays in Hong Kong, it's virtually impossible to get any delicious and freshly baked donuts anywhere. Not since the closure of Krispy Kreme more than 7 years ago. But not anymore. At Munchies, all their donuts and cookies are handcrafted with all natural and organic ingredients that are sustainable! No wonder they are looking so good!



I am drooling all over these donuts already.....



I felt like a little kid standing in front of this ice-cream counter. There were quite a number of interesting flavors so I was having trouble deciding which one to take on. But unlike other ice-cream parlors where I would be standing there feeling a bit guilty, these homemade ice-creams are organic, GMO-free and lower in sugar!



Here's my ice-cream sandwich with earl grey donut and sweet potato ice-cream ($72). This is really amazing. Much much better than what Stacks and Elephant Grounds had to offer in my opinion.



They have this little dining area upstairs where one gets to relax and enjoy their ice-cream quietly. 



Food Rating: 6.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 4 Shin Hing Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Website: www.munchies.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think