Saturday, December 26, 2015

L'Eclair de Génie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

This is already my fourth visit to L'Eclair de Génie's this month. How crazy is that!?



It was getting a little late so I was not surprised to find only these leftovers sticking around. 



(N°117) Chocolat Grand Cru - made with creamy 80% dark chocolate and chocolate glaze. I thought this was a little too one-dimensional. Would much prefer some acidity (or something other than chocolate) in there!



(N°136) Praline Chocolat Au Lait - Bahibe chocolate ganache, feuillete praline, a thin chocolate leaf and roasted hazelnuts. Out of all the flavors I managed to sample in the last few weeks, this had to be the best of the bunch. But personally, I still think Fauchon's Paris Brest eclair tasted better (but that's just me).



Time to close the books on L'Eclair de Génie.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 1/F, Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2554-7729
Website: www.leclairdegenie.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think