Friday, January 9, 2015

Ladurée (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★★☆☆

I can't believe it has been two years since I last visited Bangkok already. Oh yes, my annual Bangkok trip was abruptly cancelled in 2014 due to the political turbulence at the time.

So far, I like what I am seeing here during my 2-year absence, especially with the dessert bars and pastry stores. Even French macaron master, Ladurée, has landed in Siam Paragon. Isn't that marvelous? I am so happy for my Thailand friends.



The Bangkok branch boasts the same elegant and luxurious décor that has made the brand one of the best known confectionery companies in the world.



Apart from the boutique and small team salon, they also have a pop-up store in the same shopping mall near the entrance area (from BTS).



But as usual, luxury does not come cheap. I got this "chocolate gold" macaron mainly because of the gold foil on top but disappointingly, it tasted nothing more than a chocolate flavored macaron.

And it set me back ฿240 (or USD7.7). Not cheap.





I have tried most of the signature flavors already so this time I was only sampling the ones I have never laid my hands on and the "Lime basil" (฿120 or USD3.8) turned out to be the best of the bunch. But I couldn't be happy with that presentation. It already looked like that when it went into the bag.






Food Rating: 4/10
Price: ฿฿฿
฿
Address: M/F, Siam Paragon, Rama 1 Road. Bangkok, Thailand

Closest Metro Station: Siam
Tel: +66 (0) 2658-0599


Bangkok, Thailand, cafe, Bangkok, Thailand, cafe, dessert, patisserie, French, pastry, cake

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I'm going to Bangkok in a few weeks and a visit to the new Laduree in Siam is a must! I'm looking forward to it and excited :-) I'm aware of how expensive it will be but as a first timer, I know it should be worth it! :-)
    Thanks for sharing your experience, and it's good to know things such as the poor quailty of the 'lime basil' macaron and the 'gold foil' chocolate one and its prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,

      Enjoy your stay in Bangkok and let me know if you find anything interesting there!

      Delete

Please tell us what you think