Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop (Bangkok, THAILAND) ★★★★★

The Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop has always been my favorite place for tea in Bangkok. If my memory serves me correctly, they once expanded to another location inside the Siam Paragon where the TWG Tea salon is now but their cake shop at G13B has always been our spot.



Under the guidance of Executive Chef Stefan Trepp, they are just getting better and better. No one can argue with the fact that they've got the best lineup of French pastries, macarons and breads in the city.


 

And how about some homemade croissants, anyone?



Look at the pastry chef putting the finishing touch on those big fat sausage croissants. I think I could use a couple of those right now.



OK. Order placed and we were just sitting back waiting for our food to show up.



Is this Pierre Hermé's Tarte Infiniment Vanille? Certainly tasted like it. They called it the Bourbon Tart here. Mouthwatering.



"Liquid Mango Ball" - I love anything with a hint of molecular gastronomy so as soon as I saw the word "liquid", I jumped all over this one. Love the slow explosion of the mango ball in my mouth and too bad couldn't catch it with my camera. Very interesting stuff.



"Cassis Pearl" - More or less the same thing as the Liquid Mango Ball but with cassis flavor and a little bit different base. 



When I tried to cut through the thin layer on the outside, it "exploded" right in front of my face!



Here comes my sausage croissant freshly out of the oven! Yum~



The Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop is more than just a pastry store. They have a pretty wide range of homemade delicacies including bakery products, macarons and even mooncakes. Speaking of macarons, for anyone who's feeling a little adventrous, I strongly recommend their squid-ink macaron. I could assure that you won't regret this.






Food Rating: 7/10
Price: ฿฿฿
Address: G13B Shop, Siam Paragon Shopping Center, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Closest Metro Station: Siam
Tel: +66 (0) 2659-9000 ext 7718
Website: Link


 

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think