Friday, February 16, 2024

Salami Restaurant 莎樂美餐廳 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I remembered when I was a kid, going to a Hong Kong-style steakhouse used to be a big family thing. It's only meant for festive celebration around Christmas and Chinese New Year. The Christmas feast at these steakhouses brought back the fondest memories for me. They would have this multi-course menu starting with soup and starter, followed by the steak and of course ice-cream sundae. That's how my palate got spoiled at a very young age...

It's been a while since I visited a Hong Kong-style steakhouse and I decided to check out Salami Restaurant (莎樂美餐廳) with Mr. G this afternoon. Tucked away in Tsuen Wan, Salami continues to spoil diners with their thick sirloins served on sizzling hot plates. Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate "Renri" (初七人日).


As usual, the set lunch started off with a thick chowder and bread. 


It was followed by a fruit salad. Look at the size of this mango! 


The main event was sirloin steak from New Zealand with Australian lobster, served on their signature metal plate. 


The sirloin was really meaty working well with the classic garlicky sauce.


No ice-cream sundae but a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream worked just fine for me.


The milk tea was pretty strong today. Not bad.


Mr. G and I ended up fighting over the bill and at the end, I lost......



Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 294 Sha Tsui Road, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan
Tel: +852 2492-5021
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think