Thursday, February 1, 2024

Ganso Tsukemen 元祖沾麵專門店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

As one of the highest ranked ramen shops in Tsim Sha Shui, Ganso Tsukemen (元祖沾麵專門店) has been on my radar screen for a number of years now. I have been looking forward to the opportunity to check it off my list and today, I finally did!



The ramen shop has this really weird-looking floor plan that is long and narrow. And the end result? All the tables and seats are very narrow and tight. One simple word to describe my experience of sitting at my table facing the wall (i.e. my posture) was "uncomfortable".



Lobster tsukemen with BBQ pork (元祖龍蝦沾麵) – From the long list of ramens available on the menu, I ended up picking this one with lobster broth.



When I tried to clarify the difference between their Lobster tsukemen with BBQ pork (元祖龍蝦沾麵) and Lobster tsukemen (龍蝦沾麵), my server reluctantly replied that the "original" (
元祖) version came with a bit of sea urchin in it but then she added that she wasn't entirely sure. OK.



The noodles of course came separately with the rest of the ingredients including barbecued pork, soft-boiled egg, seaweed, bamboo shoot and green onions.


I never thought I would say this but the soft-boiled egg was......too runny.


The "flame-seared" pork looked pretty good but there was no smokiness in the flavors. I wonder why.


I tried dipping the noodles into the broth little by little but disappointingly, it was missing the usual umami-rich flavors from a lobster broth. That was the last nail to the coffin for this place. Subpar food, followed by poor service and uncomfortable seating. 




Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 5, G/F, Dorfu Court, 5-6 Hau Fook Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 6799-9663
Opening Hours: 11:40am - 12:00am (Mon - Fri), 11:15am - 12:00am (Sat - Sun)



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think