Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Higureya Menso 日暮家 麵匠 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

Higureya Menso (日暮家 麵匠) is a Japanese ramen shop opened by local pop-star AK and partners. To be brutally honest, I am not a fan of local pop music but my little nugget is very much into it. So, before bringing little nugget over for a meal, I decided to drop by for a look. 


Chicken paitan ramen (鶏白湯拉麵) – The signature ramen here is their chicken paitan ramen touted for the richness of the chicken broth. This came with some black fungus, chopped purple onion and two slices of chicken "char siu".


Like I always do, I had a sip of the broth before working on my noodles. This was so disappointing. What happened to the richness of the chicken broth? Not nearly rich enough for my standard and not really working well with the noodles (see the soup not clinging to the noodles at all).


The chicken char siu was dry and rough.



This one is a one and done...





Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop D, G/F, Hon Kwong Mansion, 4 Ichang Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2715-2382
Opening Hours: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think