Wednesday, January 18, 2023

La Patisserie Bazi 百子 洋菓子 & 燒菓子專賣店 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

After work, I continued with my exploration journey in Wanchai checking out some new faces in the area. This one was not a random find but one handpicked from my online research last week when photos of their gorgeous pastries caught my eyes. The pastry shop is called La Patisserie Bazi (百子 洋菓子&燒菓子專賣店), located right across the street from the famous Southorn Playground (修頓球場).


They offer a small selection of pastries, but all beautifully crafted.


Vanilla chestnut mousse cake (香草栗子慕士蛋糕) – I am a big fan of anything that came with chestnut in it (just like mom). So not surprisingly, I've had my fair amount of Mont Blanc cakes in the last few months when chestnut was in-season. but this one I haven't seen much in the local market .....chestnut mousse cake. 


The silky smooth chestnut mousse was really delicate with small chunks of chestnuts in the middle providing some extra bite. And those were sandwiched by a layer of vanilla mousse bringing together a mix of nice, contrasting flavors and textures. Pretty nicely done.



I haven't seen a small neighborhood pastry shop with this kind of caliber since I discovered La Patisserie des Idees in Lai Chi Kok many years ago. I am pretty sure I'll be back for more very very soon.




Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop A1 & A2, 87 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 6320-2060
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think