Tuesday, January 3, 2023

A-Plus Kitchen 讚記廚房 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

One of the things I like to do in the beginning of every year is to re-visit some of the old stalwarts (restaurants) I used to frequent in my hay days. A-Plus Kitchen (讚記廚房) is an old favorite of mine dating back to almost two decades ago. I haven't visited as much prior to the pandemic cuz there were more options in the area now and also partially cuz they were always full of tourists making it impossible to find a table (But not full now).



Some of the lunch sets were already sold out leaving me with just a couple of options here. 



Tea was pretty strong but I could taste the fragrance and deep flavors of ceylon tea. Still not bad.



Steamed minced pork with Chinese preserved vegetables (梅菜蒸肉餅) 
– The minced pork was very silky which was exactly what I didn't want to see here. I would prefer more texture in this. The water chestnut did help with the additional texture a little bit.



After the quick lunch, I headed over to see my hair stylist. This scene in Tsim Sha Tsui was so weird. It's the last day of the New Year holidays and the streets were virtually empty. Is it saying something about our economy? 







Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop B, G/F, Winfield Commercial Building, 6-8 Prat Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2311-6833
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 11:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think