Thursday, January 19, 2023

JAJA (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

I'm running out of ideas for lunch venues in Wanchai these days but suddenly, an idea just popped into my head (JAJA).



Hidden inside the Hong Kong Art Centre, JAJA is a colorful and fun place with a food menu focused on healthy food.



Very instagrammable decor everywhere.



When I was here last time, I thought the menu wasn't entirely vegetarian but I could be wrong.



Caramel milkshake – A more "low-key" milkshake without the doughnuts and pretzels on top. Definitely not as thick as the one from Five Guys but pretty decent.



Avocado salad 
– This came with different kinds of vegetables, cherry tomatoes and almost no seasoning which was perfect. 


Saffron risotto with dates and asparagus – Again minimal seasoning. The risotto could have been a little more creamy but dates and asparagus were both my favorites.
 


While I love eating healthy food, I don't really appreciate waiting an hour for my salad. But that was exactly what happened and despite our greatest effort to remind our servers time after time, nothing was speeded up. It kinda put a dent in an otherwise fairly enjoyable dining experience.




Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: 6/F Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2877-3999
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think