Friday, September 2, 2022

Woping Restaurant 和平餐室 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★☆☆☆

My life as a primary schoolboy's parent officially starts today and I have to admit, I am pretty excited about it. Little nugget has moved along just fine and I am hopeful that he can spread his wings and get inspired in his new surroundings.

After dropping him off at school, other parents and I slowly walked over Woping Restaurant (和平餐室), a newly opened cha chaan teng just a stone's throw from little nugget's school for a quick breakfast.


It still got that new furniture smell around here. Perhaps we should have waited another week.


Of cuz I had to check out their iced milk tea first hand. No cha chaan teng should be without a good cup of milk tea.

I thought the tea flavors were a little light. That's okay. I could live with that. But I can't live with the fact that it's on the watery side. That's not good enough. 


Macaroni with luncheon meat and scrambled eggs in a rich tomato soup. This wasn't bad.


In fact, a lot better than the instant noodle with beef marinated in sacha sauce (沙茶牛肉麵). From my experience, this is typically a very heavily seasoned dish thanks to the strong flavors from the sacha sauce. But not this time. I could still taste the broth here and it was so bland!


Fried egg, ham and butter toast. This was pretty standard. No surprise there.





Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 1-2, 1/F, Podium, Hoi Tat Estate (Phase 3), 38 Sham Mong Road, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Nam Cheong
Tel: +852 6032-9622
Opening Hours: 7:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think