Friday, September 2, 2022

Ten Noodle Shop Yu Chau Street 十大碗粥麵專家 汝州街 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

For a brief moment I found myself lost in an unfamiliar neighborhood in Prince Edward. I have just finished my acupuncture session and was still feeling a little wobbly. I was looking for a place to get my take-away dinner when I accidentally stumbled upon Ten Noodle Shop (十大碗粥麵專家), a popular wonton shop I was recently introduced to on TV. Spanning three generations, Ten Noodle Shop is a restaurant with a century-old recipe on wonton noodle soup and they are dedicated to keeping the same good-old, authentic flavors.



Rice noodle rolls filled with twisted cruller (招牌炸兩) 
– Compared to the one we had at Art of Canton (粵藝館) two weeks ago, this was GOLD.



Each piece of cruller was perfectly surrounded by a sheet of silky rice noodle. Of cuz, I had to make sure that I had the right proportion of hoisin and peanut butter sauce to go with it. Yum~



Signature wonton soup (招牌雲吞麵) 
– I could smell the bonito from miles away (and shrimp roe too).



I thought the noodles could be a little more al dente but it could be my fault. I have waited a little too long (shower, photo etc.) to grab my supper tonite.



The star of the dish was definitely the wonton. Very nice bite from the shrimp and the wrapper was perfect. 



There's a reason they have such a big crowd waiting patiently outside for an open table. Will definitely come back, hopefully not because I needed another acupuncture.





Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$
Address: G/F, Roxan Mansion, 45 Yu Chau Street, Prince Edward, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Prince Edward
Tel: +852 3705-8436
Opening Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think